SILAKA and Cambodian Volunteers for Society ( CVS is the Secretary General of CCWA ) in collaboration with HRWG which funded by USAID, will conduct consultation workshop on “Civil Society’s Inputs to the ASEAN Community’s Post-2015 Visions” on 12 May 2015 at Cambodiana Hotel, Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia.
For the purpose of developing the ASEAN Post-2015 Visions, the ASEAN Foreign Ministers established a team of ten to function as High Level Task Force (HLTF). At the moment, HLTF is working to develop a draft that will be submitted on 31 July 2015, two months prior to the 47th ASEAN Foreign Ministers Meeting in early August in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
It is very important for civil society in the region to contribute their expertise, experiences and thoughts on issues they are working on in each country. Taking the past experiences in engaging in the process of developing the ASEAN Blueprints in 2007-2008, a strategic document such as the ASEAN Post-2015 Visions – with its three pillars: political-security, economy, and social-cultural – will provide an opening for mainstreaming concerns shared throughout civil society in implementing regionalism project in ASEAN. More specifically, it will:
- Provide an opportunity to review the region’s needs for the goal on human rights, gender equality and developmental justice;
- Raise awareness on human rights, gender equality and developmental justice issues among civil society groups, government officials, ASEAN and general public;
- Mobilize a broad spectrum of society in a cooperative atmosphere;
- Propose realistic activities, set achievable targets and promote linkages among different sectors for comprehensive goals; and
- Generate wider commitment to actions.
For more information, please contact to Mr. Sam Seun, Tel: (855)77 72 56 98